Monday, May 26, 2008

New Race Results and Sponsorship Brochure

There has been a lot going on the past couple of weeks. As we all know, Bonelli #2 was cancelled, but Playa del Run #2 Santa Monica was scheduled the same day. As far as I know, only Diana and Oliver were out competing. Diana took home 2nd in her age group, even though she had a tough day. You kick ass Diana! Overall results are posted here and age group results are here. The overall winner, Craig Pansing, is an absolute stud. Shout out!!...

This past weekend, I competed in the Brentwood 5k/10k which was a ton o' fun. I ran the 10k and finished 26th overall (out of 681) and 3rd in my age group with a time of 38:11 (PR). I wanted to break 38:00 but I suck and somehow couldn't manage to go :12 faster. Overall results for the 10k are here with division results here.

And right now, Chris K is running in the Laguna Hills half marathon and Emily in the 5k. Click for results. Emily cut a whopping 3:00 from her previous 5k time (I think she's been sandbagging in her previous races) and finished in 26:52 (PR). Chris also made significant improvement from his last half marathon, finishing in 1:35:11 (PR), better than 12:00 faster than his Rose Bowl half marathon. All these races will prove to be very valuable experiences when Chris tackles the San Francisco Marathon in August. I wish I had done something similar before my first marathon. Perhaps it wouldn't have been such a disaster if I had any clue what I was doing.

So it looks like everyone had a great weekend of racing. Scott leaves on May 29 to race in Ironman 70.3 Hawaii, on May 31. This is his first half-iron distance and I know he put in some great training. Here's to wishing you a fantastic race! I'll be following you online and posting your splits. I can't wait for you to drop the hammer down on the bike. Git 'er done, Scott.

Finally, the last bit of news is that Emily and I finished putting together the sponsor's brochure (it's two pages so be sure to scroll down). The plan is to send this out to the various potential sponsors we posted about (much) earlier this year. We will be including letters with each brochure requesting any specific types of support, etc.

No comments: